Healthy at Sea Travel Requirements
All travelers, regardless of vaccination status, are welcome to cruise with and will no longer be required to provide proof of pre-departure testing, except for specific sailings where vaccination, testing, or additional documentation are required by law.
Exceptions currently include:
- Bermuda Itineraries
- Galapagos Itineraries
- Australia New Zealand Itineraries
- Transatlantic/Transpacific Crossings
- Select Caribbean Itineraries (those visiting Haiti (Labadee) and Turks & Caicos)
- Select Central and South America Itineraries (those visiting Honduras, Colombia, Brazil, and Chile)
Health and Safety FAQs for All Guests
What proof of Vaccine do I need to provide?
To be considered fully vaccinated, documentation of full vaccination series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Celebrity Cruise will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccine.
Do I need a Booster Vaccine to Travel?
At this time, COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.
What Vaccines are accepted?
Celebrity accepts vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization. A guest is considered fully vaccinated after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered at least 28 days apart and at least 14 days before sailing.
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- U.S. Based AstraZeneca and Novavax clinical trial participants are considered fully vaccinated.
- US participants in COVID-19 vaccine trials can be considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after they complete the vaccine series, if it has been confirmed that they received “active” vaccine, and not placebo.
Can I have mixed vaccines?
The CDC will now also recognize as fully vaccinated, all guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses:
- Mixed Doses: Pfizer (1 Dose) + Moderna (1 Dose) in any order
- Mixed Doses: AstraZeneca (1 Dose) + Pfizer (1 Dose) OR Moderna (1 Dose)
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Are masks required onboard?
- Masks are recommended on board but not required.
- Masks may be required during the entire embarkation and debarkation process (at the home port and port of call), on any transportation, including water shuttles, and when indoors on any Celebrity tour.
Can I get off the ship when at port?
Requirements vary by port of call. All vaccinated guests may go ashore on their own in ports where it's permitted. While in port, guests must comply with local guidelines.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.