Great news! AmaWaterways ships are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
AMA Waterways Health & Safety FAQs
Pre-Cruise, Online Check-in, and Electronic Travel Documents
IMPORTANT: Boarding will be denied without completing your Online Cruise Check-In in its entirety, including your Health and Contact Tracing Questionnaire, prior to departure from home.
- Once your reservation has been confirmed, log into your Online Cruise Check-In with your reservation number, last name, and date of birth.
- Enter your personal details, including emergency contact and most importantly your current email address in order to receive essential notification about your trip.
- Independent flight information should be entered once confirmed, or within 45-30 days prior to departure.
- You will be required to fill out AmaWaterways’ Health and Contact Tracing Questionnaire 7 days before your journey begins and this information will be revalidated upon embarkation. A link to this form will be in your pre-cruise check-in documents. You will also be required to upload a copy of your Covid-19 vaccination card. To learn how to upload your vaccination card, watch our tutorial video or view our step-by-step guide.
- Please note: Within your Online Cruise Check-In, you may download a printed copy of your Travel Documents within 30 days prior to departure.
What are the Pre-Cruise COVID-19 Testing Requirements?
As entry requirements can change rapidly, we strongly recommend guests take a PCR test prior to departing on your flight to Europe to avoid any unnecessary travel interruptions and for added peace of mind. The valid time frame of the PCR test may vary between 48 and 72 hours so please refer to the entry regulations of your destination or airline.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a AmaWaterways Cruise?
Until further notice, AmaWaterways will only be welcoming guests fully vaccinated against Covid-19 on board our ships.
- This vaccination requirement also applies to accompanied minors.
- We recommend guests carry their original CDC vaccination card (or equivalent) as well as a digital version.
- Additional forms may be required by each country (or airline) and these may affect travelers depending on your country of residence.
What COVID-19 Vaccine is accepted?
Guests are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca (Covishield) or 28 days following a single dose of Johnson & Johnson (based on EMA guidelines*).
- Mixed dosages of these four vaccines are accepted.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
At this time, all guests are required to wear face coverings when moving through interior spaces on the ship and while using public transportation on shore, including on our motorcoaches.
- AMA Waterways strongly recommend packing medical grade and/or N95/KN95 masks, as certain countries and sites we visit require their use.
- For your convenience, onboard gift shops fleetwide will offer a limited supply of medical grade masks at a cost of two euros per pack of five; and N95/KN95 masks at a cost of two euros per individual mask.
- These masks are also widely available in local shops throughout Europe.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Shore excursions will be conducted in small groups. Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning. In addition, masks will be required for all guests when using public transportation on shore, including our motorcoaches. Masking requirements vary by country and sites visited; please be prepared to bring your medical grade mask with you on all excursions. Some countries may require N95/K95 masks.
- AmaWaterways provides a complimentary personal Quietvox commentary system for every guest to use throughout your journey.
- Powered by a sustainable rechargeable battery within your own stateroom, your portable Quietvox system allows you to hear your guide during excursions while permitting comfortable social distancing.
- A brand-new set of headphones that plugs into the Quietvox will be provided to you at the beginning of your sailing; you may also bring and use your own personal set of plug-in headphones.
- In the event that ships are docked side by side, guests will be required to pass over Sun Decks.
- Our exterior handrails will also be sanitized on a high-frequency basis.