The drinking age on all U.S.based cruise lines is 21, even when sailing international waters. (Under special circumstances, some cruise lines allow 18 to 20 year-olds to purchase and consume alcohol with a parent's consent.) Regardless of the policy, you should never buy a drink for someone under 21.
Articles in this section
- How do I make my cruise an all inclusive vacation?
- Are there medical services on board a cruise ship?
- What activities are available on a cruise for toddlers, children, and teens?
- Are there laundry services on board a cruise?
- Are there ATMs on board a cruise?
- Do I need to take a tender boat to get to my visiting cruise port?
- Will I get seasick on a cruise?
- Are over-the-counter medicines available for purchase on board a cruise?
- Will my bags be searched when boarding my cruise?
- How much luggage can I bring on my cruise?